Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Enjoyable trip home

So much for the wish for low humidity - 88% on Sunday, but at least the temps were in the 70s. Actually had a very nice run early Saturday on the Montour Trail - fairly close to the Pittsburgh Airport (for anyone ever travelling in that area) http://www.montourtrail.org. It's a railroad bed that's been converted to a multi-use trail - nice flat run along a creek, below the hills that surround the area. Did an out and back loop - saw a few people on bikes, a running group moving at a decent clip, some walkers and even someone out reading.

Sunday was sort of a trip down memory lane - I ran in my hometown of Titusville, PA. Most of the run was on the streets (some that need repaving work done in a few places) of the town where I grew up. Many of the Facebook friends I have grew up in homes along the route - was thinking about that along the way. Ran most of the old Charity Classic route (a 10k that was held while I was growing up) and through Drake Well Park (world's first oil well over 150 years ago now) and ended up still being able to run up Spruce Street Hill (it seemed much easier when I was in my teens) to finish up. A quick weekend visit but some quality running time - and with good blood sugars this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I was born about 50 miles from Titusville, in Brookville. Would be great to get together for the Drake Well Marathon some day.
    http://www.drakewellmarathon.com/

    ReplyDelete