Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back Stateside

We finally made it to southern Poland, however, the "bug" caught up with me as well so sightseeing was limited. Had an overnight layover in Amsterdam on the way home. Checked out the downtown. Warning - if you should ever visit - watch for bikes. I've never seen so many - and the little bell dinging right before you're about to be run over doesn't quite cut it. Maybe I could get one for my tri-bike?

Overall it was a long trip due to the virus Martin and I both ended up having. We spent today visiting doctors. At this point he only has an ear infection and a little bit of a cough left. I can't hear anything out of my right ear, plus a sore throat. To top it off #1 son also is sick with strep. Good news is we're all on meds now, bad news is I have done no training in the past week due to the cough, head and chest congestion, headaches, fever, travel, etc.

Hoping this is all out of my system in the next couple of days so I can get back on track. Looking forward to using Training Peaks as a guide (provided Andrew realizes there is currently an extra "0" in my 2000 yard swim (yes, 200 seems a bit more like it to me).

1 comment: